Monday, June 6, 2011
Weekly Meal Planner: Week 12 SUPER EASY MEALS!
Simple Garlic Noodles & Shrimp
1 Prepared Packaged Noodles like Lipton Creamy Garlic Shells
2-3 handfuls of frozen boiled shrimp (popcorn size)**
Garlic salt to taste
**you could also make this using packaged grilled chicken strips in place of shrimp.
1. Mix the noodles according to the package, but set the timer for 2 minutes less than what it calls for.
2. While the noodles are cooking in the microwave take 2-3 handfuls of frozen shrimp (I buy the kind with the tails already off) and thaw in a bowl of cold water.
3. When the microwave goes off, do not remove the noodles from the microwave. Drain the shrimp and add to the noodles and stir, close the microwave and continue cooking for the remaining 2 mins.
4. Let shrimp and noodles sit for a few mins before removing from microwave.
5. When I take them out I sprinkle with a little garlic salt and serve.
Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
1 pizza crust
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 tomato,sliced and diced
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 Parmesan cheese
8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, diced
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
garlic (to taste)
bacon bits (optional)
1 teaspoon salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. I used my Pampered Chef pizza stone and heated it in the oven before putting the pizza on it.
3. Put pizza crust on stone, drizzle with olive oil and spread over crust with brush.
4. Saute chicken in skillet with olive oil and garlic (I used 1tsp of the jarred minced garlic).
5. Spread Ranch dressing over crust.
6. Sprinkle with cooked chicken, cheeses, tomatoes, green onions and bacon bits.
7. Place in oven for 20 mins. or until cheese is melted. Let rest for several minutes, then cut and serve..
Slow Cooker Beef
You can find more about this recipe on Tidymom’s site here.
2 pound Chuck roast***
(there’s only 3 of us, so I don’t need a very big roast)
1 Cup Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
1/2 cup Italian Dressing
2 Tbsp C&H Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. In a small bowl mix Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce, dressing sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Place the roast in slow cooker.
3. Pour sauce mix over roast.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours.
5. Remove roast and place on platter or cutting board
6. Shred roast with knife and fork, then return to sauce
7. Serve on hoagie rolls or your favorite buns.
1 pound box spaghetti noodles
1 jar of your favorite Spaghetti sauce (we actually like Great Value Traditional Pasta Sauce)
1 8oz can Hunts Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
1 pound ground beef
Parmesan cheese to taste
1. Brown grown beef in dutch oven.
2. While meat is browning - cook spaghetti noodles according to the box.
3. Drain grease from meat
4. add sauces to meat and simmer for 15-20 on low.
5. Serve over cooked spaghetti, season with Parmesan cheese
Chicken & Veggie Mac & Cheese
This recipe is from www.kraftrecipes.com
1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup fat-free milk
2 tsp. butter
1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, chopped (about 1 cup)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1. Cook macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package, adding the vegetables to the boiling water along with the macaroni. Drain; return to pan.
2. Add Cheese Sauce Mix and remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cook 1 to 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Posted by MadWoman