Friday, March 4, 2011

March Bouquet

Oh Dear, It's already March! Where has the time gone? I feel like I am always changing the month on my calendar and updating the next month with all of the appointments coming up. Well here it is ... MARCH. 

 
During the month of March I get so excited for the flowers that are coming in spring. I am thinking about my garden and what I will add this year and then... I look at my house, what happened to all my beautiful decorations from the holidays?! GONE! It seems like I am living in an empty blank room. I go to the market to find some fresh flowers, but a lot of the time all you can find at the flower market is tulips and awful dyed green carnations (YUCK!!). 




 Courtesy of  Paisley Petals


 Don't get me wrong, I love tulips. I am actually helping my Aunt plan a bridal shower with a spring tulip theme. However, I am drawn, in March, to the greenery and beautiful foliage. Maybe it's because green is St. Patty's and maybe because it matches my home so well... Whatever the reason I love to come up with mixtures of these gorgeous chartreuse, evergreen and emerald colors. You should also check out my mom's wedding florist's blog Paisley Petals she is so great to work with and I love her opinion on the green floral dilemma. 

Here is what I came up with this year to brighten my room with greens:





 

No comments:

Post a Comment