Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wedding Wednesday!!!

My favorite day of the week, I get to post about weddings!!! For my wedding I am currently working on my backdrop. I originally wanted ribbon backdrop like this: 
 Courtesy of Jennifer Eileen


But now after looking at other images I've decided to go with a stripped fabric background. This makes it more textural and visually stimulating. It also adds to my vintage chic whimsy theme. Here are some images:
Courtesy of Sweet Designs
Here is a great DIY tutorial on how to make your own fabric backdrop courtesy of Catch My Party

Firstly, purchase a piece of dowel from a local hardware store.  This dowel is 19mm thick.
Next get together 5 or so different fabrics in coordinating colors.  
The great thing about this backdrop is that the strips of fabric can be quite vintage looking. Just rip them into strips works great. No being neat, no sewing.

A piece of ribbon is used to hang it on a hook on the wall.

Simple.

And the great thing about this backdrop is that you can easily change the fabric colors to suit another color scheme.


Here are some other great images from Style Me Pretty  I just love their website. It is filled with real wedding inspiration and great images.







 All five above images courtesy of Style Me Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment