Wednesday, March 2, 2011

More of my Wonderful Wedding Inspiration

As the day grows nearer:  155 days!!!! I am hard at work finding inspiration everywhere. It is hard to keep all the weddings separate in my head! My mom's is May 20th, Kameron's best friend's wedding is June 18th, ours is August 4th. Then his sister is engaged and my best friend just got engaged as well! I have weddings coming out of my ears! Not to mention all my other parties I am planning: Bachelorette parties, My Kentucky Derby Party, Kam's Birthday, Summer BBQ etc ... etc... 
So here it goes some things I have found recently in my quest for the perfect day!

Here are a few boards I created at Polyvore


What a great tool! It is so fun to play around with, one hiccup in the system though, is that the background of the image has to be white, or it comes out funky. Although they do have a huge amount of images to select from, sometimes it is nice to add your own images as well. 

Here are some great floral images:
 Courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings
 Courtesy of Style Me Pretty
 Courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings
  Courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings
 Courtesy of Grey Likes Weddings
 Courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings
  Courtesy of Martha Stewart Weddings
I am having 30-40 people come and we will all be staying at The Roxburghe Estate. My idea for the wedding is eclectic and whimsical, a secret garden of overgrown wildflowers and foliage. My colors are creme, a light yellow, grays, taupe and a light turquoise french blue color. The bridesmaids will be choosing their own different dresses (in grays and I will be purchasing them shoes- we will go accessory shopping together) The groomsmen will be wearing gray suits with gray converse tennis shoes, and yellow and gray argyle socks. My dress is a tulle ballgown with train. I love the idea of having the ceremony outdoors (weather permitting) with ribbons hanging from a long and tall string as the backdrop in different colors and patterns. Also I love Greenery like topiary, and dogwood swags (possibly down the aisle) I am having 3 bridesmaids and a flower girl plus three groomsmen. I would like the grooms men boutineers to be different: like instead of flowers use a fabric flower or those dried yellow ball flowers with pussy willow branch and a feather. I would love the bridesmaids to have bouquets made of only babys breath or other wild flowers. And mine to be all creme color wild flowers. Instead of throwing rice I want everyone to wave ribbon wands as we walk out of our ceremony. Inside for the reception I want tables with two or three bunches of flowers rather than one mixed together arrangement. I also possibly want branches mixed in (possibly pussy willow) and put in eclectic vases. I also want a guest book table with one large mixed arrangement of only greens and possibly some drooping green flowers. I would love it if we could have strung lights above the dance floor area and dinner area.


No comments:

Post a Comment